Friday, July 18, 2008

The beginning...


You probably think I am out of my mind for creating a blog about a car, sure it sounds a little crazy, perhaps I am a little (or a lot for that matter) insane, but all of us have something we are passionate about in our lifes and one of my passions is my car. This blog will be here to document the journey me and my car will take, as I make modifications, do maintance, learn and grow, who knows where this will end up....

I start this first entry with a brief description, current and furture planned modifications, and of course a few pictures.

----------------


I've always been interested in cars however I always put it in the back of my mind until 08/2007 when enough was enough and I brought home my baby, a new '07 Aspen White Subaru Impreza WRX STi w/ 22 miles on it. Ever since I've had the car I’ve been researching the technology behind the STi and performance cars in general. A few months after purchase I had the dealer install a SPT cat-back and intake (now I regret paying the dealer for the install, what a joke to have them do the work, right?). I am at the point now where I am working on the car in my garage (well if you can call it a garage, those who have seen it know what I am talking about). I've got mod fever now and I am constantly thinking about things I can do to the car.

Current Modifications (Performance, Interior, Custom, just everything I’ve done to it):
- SPT Cat-back Exhaust
- SPT Cold-Air Intake
- SPT Short-Throw Shifter (Subaru Performance Group 2A Package)
- SPT Turbo-gauge (Subaru Performance Group 2A Package)
- SPT Titanium Shift knob package (Subaru Performance Group 2A Package)
- Rear wing removed (Stuck white vinyl tape on the holes, ugly!)
- Painted the center console metallic blue. The lip for the cigarette lighter/aux input is metallic black. I left the brushed aluminum STi trim around the shift boot alone.
- Removed the OEM radio/door speakers (what crap), Installed Focal components in the front doors, two amps are mounted on the back seat. Two 10" JBL subs reside in the trunk.
- Stuck SPT vinyl logos on the rear windows for the hell of it.

Soon to be mods:
- RallyArmor flaps all around (currently in the mail, can't wait until they get here)
- Cobb Springs
- HKS DP (Downpipe)
(Not sure if going cat-less is what I really need or want but I want to get a true turbo-back setup so I can get the most out of an AccessPort tune)
- Black 18" wheels w/ red stripe
(Not sure on the exact brand of wheel yet, if you have suggestions please let me know).
- Cobb AccessPort
- Spark Plugs? From what I've read you can get a small increase in power but I am not convinced yet and think this might be BS.
- Rear door speakers need to go, will replace with a set of Focals
- Replacing current amp that drivers the door speakers with a larger 4-channel since the amp that drives the subs overpowers.
- Some aftermarket uppipe. Have not decided on a brand yet.
- Several small things, like SPT battery tie down, high pressure radiator cap, etc.

Tires:
- Stock Potenza's (of course...)
- For winter I wrapped the car around Fuzion ZRIs and I must say they SUCK!

Pictures:






No comments: